Thursday, May 9, 2024

5-10-24

I know I speak for everyone when I say how appreciative we are of the PTA's hard work this week to honor the great job you do each day!  Please leave a note of thanks that I can bring to next weeks PTA meeting. 



On top of Staff Appreciation Week it was also School Nurse Appreciation Day this past  Wednesday.  I know everyone is very grateful for the hard work and care for children that Megan, Jignasa and Marcia put into their job each day. 



 Megan Peterson brought in popular author and cartoonist Ira Mrucks to visit her 7th grade ela class. He was very engaging and informative to our future authors!



I appreciate Sherry, Michele D, April, Danielle and Angela for giving up their time this week to serve on the furniture committee and interview different vendors.  Also thanks to Dr. Filas for organizing and Dr. Woell for facilitating the event.  

Brain Breaks for your classroom.

brain breaks

Jen H did a great job of having each of her classes create their own class book that was professionally binded and filled with their writing.  One class chose "If I was the Principal" as their topic of writing.  Less homework and more time for lunch was a common theme!  



I think that Kerry did a great job of  having her class write kindness letters to many of our staff members.  This type of project has many academic and social benefits for all involved!



Jonathan and Elpida did a great job engineering and building these works of art!






I appreciate everyone's hard work on Wednesday's early release day.  The work we do in May is just as important as the work we do in September. Thanks for continuing to push through.  

Key features of close reading.

close reading

Please take an opportunity to go through the storage rooms and see if there is anything that you were keeping there that you still plan on using. Keep me updated.

I am looking forward to Charity Fest next Friday.  Thank to Jessica and Jen for guiding the NJHS students on planning this school wide event.



5th Grade teachers were able to bring in a weatherman to talk with the students about hurricanes.   What a wonderful opportunity that tied in with student learning.   Also thanks to April for letting us use her room.  



As we end this staff appreciation week, I thank you for all that you do for kids.  




I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.
[info][add][mail][note]
Albert Einstein
Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.
[info][add][mail][note]
Gail Godwin
For every person who wants to teach there are approximately thirty people who don't want to learn--much.
[info][add][mail][note]
W. C. Sellar and R. J. Yeatman

No comments:

Post a Comment