Thursday, September 7, 2023

Bengal Blog 9-8-2023

 Thanks to Danielle and Angela for their learning meeting presentation on Coaching cycles and other ways they can help in the classroom.  It is always great to be able to benefit from our own staff and their support can assist you and your students in so many ways.

A daily practice that students can use for self-regulation.

self-regulation

If you are on cycle please submit your student  growth goals  and schedule your initial observation with me.  



Thanks to everyone for problem solving this week when I had a super busy personal PD schedule.  Special Thanks to Melissa for her support and extra time dedicated to admin responsibilities.  

Mark and Colleen presented to 6th grade parents about the outdoor ed trip on Wednesday night.  I appreciate their effort at this well attended meeting.

How extroverted teachers can help introverted students.

https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/62119/how-extroverted-teachers-can-engage-introverted-students

I appreciate the staff taking extra time to help our new students and  looking at their student records.  The extra effort is appreciated by the new students the most as they transition to our awesome school.

Thanks to everyone for their participation in the fire drill and police supervised lockdown.  Feedback from the DuPage County Sherriff was very positive.  



I am submitting the scholastic order today.  I know this is later than previous years.  I had a road block at the end of last year, hopefully we will have online access soon and the physical copies in a couple weeks.  

I appreciate the flexibility in teaching assistants and teachers as we make changes to cover student needs.  I am still looking for a TA that will help make the coverage smoother.  



Please remember that the first PTA Meeting of the year is next week, Tuesday September 12th at 7pm.  Thanks for those that have signed up to attend a meeting.  Don't worry there are still open spots available!


“Don’t just teach your children to read…
Teach them to question what they read.
Teach them to question everything.”

― George Carlin

"The most important thing in life is to stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will.' -- Charles Dickens

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. 

Steven Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment