Wednesday, December 20, 2017

12-20-2017

It was great honoring all of the straight A students last Monday at the school board meeting.  There was a great turn out of students who were proud of their achievements.

Helping others is not Universal.
https://medium.com/@harvardeducation/helping-others-is-not-universal-b6f357bdbb8f


What a great holiday assembly and concert we had thanks to Melissa and Matt. I don't think I have ever seen the large gym so filled with parents as I did Wednesday night.

Thanks to Matt for the idea, Angela for filming and everyone else for their natural music talent as they helped put on a very entertaining video for students and parents at the concert last Wednesday.  It was very well received.

The cookie share was just another example of staff coming together to bond and talk over food.....which you don't have to wait long at Benjamin as today will be the tamale party.  Thanks to Ellen and Sherry for organizing these events.

Focusing on the process and letting go of product expectations.  https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/focusing-on-the-process-letting-go-of-product-expectations/
freedom-to-learn

I hope everyone enjoyed breakfast and getting together with peers district wide at last Friday's Holiday Breakfast.  I had many comments about how great my egg casserole....I mean the WCCHS  A Capella Choir was. 


Benjamin has Talent and I know the kids enjoyed the musical talents of the 5th and 6th grade last Friday afternoon.  Thanks to Lynette and Chris for all of the hard work and practice that went into the event.


Thanks to Alex for taking students on the reward trip today to Enchanted Castle.  This is for the magazine sale high achievers.

The questions to ask when kids aren't reading.
https://pernillesripp.com/2015/12/17/the-questions-to-ask-when-the-kids-arent-reading/

The 5th grade students and teachers brought joy to residents of two St. Charles assisted living facilities on Monday.  Residents really enjoy hearing the kids sing and receive cards from them.  My favorite was one gentleman who said loudly   "that's a good one" at the start of every song the kids sang!   Thanks to Melissa for organizing the music and rehearsals for this event.


Believe it or not with all of that activity going on I still saw students engaged in learning activities as I popped around to classes.  Thanks for keeping the rigor high even as the kids get excited for break.

I'm sure you are excited for break as well, and it is well deserved.  I hope you have a relaxing time filled with holiday spirit and joy.  Thank you so much for the amazon card, I'm sure it will be put to good use.  See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment