Thursday, October 10, 2024

10-11-24

 I know we all wish Jen Matthews a speedy recovery.  She is at home now and will hopefully be back with us soon.  

I appreciate all of our subs including Nicolette and Holly who have picked up open sub periods when asked and a big thanks to Michele Fiorini for making herself available to do a lot of the subbing in Jen's class this week.  I appreciate her flexibility and willingness to help out.  I also appreciate Lori's expertise in the class routine which has been vital in making the kids have a normal experience this week.  

Using Short term goals to lead to success!

https://youtu.be/0PD3GVbKdqQ?si=osfCTqjXsMv40NF-

Congrats to Joe and Megan S for a successful completion to a Cross Country season on Tuesday and to Bill and Matt whose teams both won in the playoffs Thursday night and will continue on this weekend.  





Michelle Davis and Jen Harvel did a great peer editing lesson with their 8th and 5th grade students respectively.  This is so awesome to see and I know that both grades of students will benefit from this experience.  I hope to see more of this type of collaboration in the future from our staff.  




The staff learning meeting this week continued our focus on school safety.  Thanks to April for securing Officer Mrkvicka.  I know his presentation made us think about uncomfortable situations but will make us more prepared in the event of an emergency situation.  



I have enjoyed hearing the musical clues all week and am super excited to find out what production Stephen, Danielle and April will be working on this year!

17 tweaks for group work from Cult of Pedagogy

https://www.cultofpedagogy.com/group-work-17-tweaks/ 

Let's all root on Leslie this weekend as she will be running in the Chicago Marathon!  Many of you probably don't realize she has been training hard for this for months.  What a huge accomplishment!



Frank and Isidrio are the furniture assembler champions!  Yesterday they attached the wheels on 14 mobile cabinets in record time.  They are always there for us when we need them.



Hats off to the Pierogi Queen Michelle Davis.  It is quite a feat to bring in enough of any food item to feed this hungry staff and there was still some Pierogis left after the lunch periods were over!  Thanks for going above and beyond!  



I am looking forward to our PTA Fun Run today!  Thanks to Joe and Jen for making this happen!

"I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted." -- Jack Kerouac

"My life is full of mistakes. They’re like pebbles that make a good road." -- Beatrice Wood

"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." -- Will Durant

No comments:

Post a Comment